RESPONDING TO COVID-19
All services offered by Bien Chez Soi have been recognized and approved by the governement of Quebec’s Ministère de l’Économie et de l’Innovation as essential services. Here is the confirmation;
As an active part of our communities and offering vital support to our extended family members, we are very mindful of the growing concerns about coronavirus (COVID-19). We take very seriously the importance of containing the spread of the virus. For these reasons, we are committed to keep in step with the latest changes and actions taken by the Quebec government, the Federal government as well as municipal governments.
Our health care providers are recognized as health care professionals and will continue delivering essential services. During this time, the provincial government recognizes that private services, such as Bien Chez Soi, may help prevent the spread of the virus by keeping our communities, including our elders, persons with disabilities and children needing care despite the interdiction to hold gatherings, at home and therefore reducing their exposure to the public or to other persons who may have been in touch with the virus.
We fully support the actions taken by municipal, provincial and federal governments and take our role in this effort seriously. We are therefore implementing measures to minimize the health risks for clients, family members and employees.
THE FOLLOWING PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES ARE NOW IN PLACE
- To assist our community in containing the spread of this virus, we will continue to monitor the number of visits in different homes an employee may make in a day. Most employee’s only visit one or two clients per day and our goal is minimize their exposure as well as adjusting their schedules if necessary.
- For the safety and health of our vulnerable clients, we ask that you try to avoid meeting with their family members. We recognize that it is sometimes impossible to avoid. If family members must visit, please use the precautionary measures outlined by the government for social distancing and adequate hygiene measures to reduce the risk of contamination. In case you aren’t familiar with the precautions, you may view them here.
- All employees are being asked to respect social distancing protocols, outside of their work hours.
EMPLOYEE HEALTH AND WELLBEING:
Our employees are essential to our continued operations and their health is a top concern. That is why we have issued the following additional guidelines, which remain in effect until further notice:
- Regularly reminding all employees about the hygiene practices they should adopt to prevent the spread of the virus, specifically thorough and frequent handwashing.
- Additional training is being offered to our employees to help ensure they are well educated about the virus, the protocols to keep everyone safe and proactive measures they may take.
- Our employees must complete a screening questionnaire on a regular basis to help us manage the potential exposure and make necessary adjustments in the event an employee may have been exposed to the virus.
It is important for us to work together to help prevent the spread of illness. To keep us all healthy, we encourage everyone to observe the following prevention methods recommended by Health Canada:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow – not your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- If you feel sick, STAY HOME.
- Avoid close contact with people who seem sick.
- For a high fever or difficulty breathing, call your doctor immediately to get advice.
And we have one last request, if you see an employee, colleague or franchise leader , or even a neighbour, going above and beyond during these challenging times, please take a moment to send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or post it online with #Bienchezsoi. There is nothing more inspiring than the everyday actions of good people. We would love to share them.
Things will no doubt keep evolving and we will do our best to keep you up to date.